Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer Cooking

My cooking efforts this summer have been focused on recipes that pique my interest on Pinterest and alcoholic beverages. Here is a sample of some of the things I've tried and have loved!!!

Lemonade with Rosemary Infused vodka.


I made the first batch according to the recipe. After that, I went with the new improved Amy version which is:
Let some rosemary sit in vodka for a few days.
Put a few cubes of ice in a glass.
Add a shot or two of the rosemary vodka.
Pour in half a can of San Pellegrino Limonata.
Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.

Two simple ingredients and ice.
The second recipe I found on Pinterest that I think is a winner was this recipe for Baked Zucchini with a Basil Sour Cream dip. I followed the recipe for the most part (I just put the zucchini, and I also used squash, straight on the baking sheet instead of on a rack) and even applied the technique to green tomatoes.


I added a little bit of Bacon Jam on top of each tomato. Delish!!!

No comments: