Friday, August 26, 2011

Preppy Spirit

In preparation for some serious tailgating Labor Day weekend, I made myself a little charm bracelet to rock some school spirit. Appalachian State University is playing Virginia Tech that weekend and it's going to be a fantastic time! We're meeting up with friends, planning an awesome tailgating menu, and hoping for fantastic weather.

So using some things I had on hand (yes, I have abnormally large amount of beads, jewelry findings, and ribbon), I made a charm bangle. I had these bangles in my stash of goodies. I think I found them at Michael's a year or so ago. I pulled out a few black and yellow beads and I love this striped ribbon (this is the last bit of it). The only thing I purchased was a football charm at Hobby Lobby (you can see it in the final photo).

No it's not your blurry monitor, it's my blurry photo. 
Assembly was really simple. Just run a head pin through each of the beads and make a loop. Add them to the bangle. I had those letter beads in my stash too. I just loaded them on a head pin and made a loop at the top end. And I tied that piece of ribbon on to the jump ring I used to attach that black flower (which I also had in my bead collection...yes, I have a problem, but in my defense I used to have a little jewelry making business which is how this whole blog started).
And there you go! 

1 comment:

duchessofginger said...

SUPER CUTE!!! You could totally do them with initials for people's kids and all.