Monday, August 22, 2011

Clutch Purse

I took a trip down to Hobby Lobby looking for supplies I need to make decorations for my 2 year old's birthday party. While there, I spent way too much time in the aisle with all the bags, purses, and other blank items, along with all the other goodies to dress them up. I had to buy something and I seriously do NOT need another tote bag, although they had some seriously cute linen tote bags that you could dress up for the farmers market or beach trips. I had to try to control myself. It was hard. So back to this little clutch. It's black linen, light, and would also make a cute wallet or a bag for your keys and a card or two to throw in a diaper bag or travel bag. It would also make a really cute Christmas gift for your girlfriends. The best part about this little project is that it required no glue or thread. Or staples. Or tape. Or rubber bands. Or even paper clips.


Here are the items I purchased to make the bag. 1. the bag itself, 2. the flower pin (and they had a variety of different ones including feather pins), 3. the initial pin (you can never have too many pins).




Here is how you put it together: pin the initial into the center of the flower pin. Pin the flower pin anywhere on the clutch. At the top of this post, you can see I have it pinned on the center of the flap. Below, I have pinned it on the side.

Done.


2 comments:

duchessofginger said...

Did you buy a "J"?????

Sadie Priss said...

I didn't, but I could!